Parents/guardians, please join us on January 20, 2022 for a virtual workshop on using technology to support your child’s learning. Topics on the agenda include Google Classroom, Zoom, using the DOE iPad, and an overview of various learning apps. You can join by clicking on the Zoom link below.
Topic: PS7 Parent Workshop: Using Technology to Support Student Learning
Time: Jan 20, 2022 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Below are the slides from the presentation. The recording of the session will be posted shortly.
The middle school application opens the week of January 10; shortly after, all NYC families of current fifth-grade students and families are invited to join us for a live virtual information session about applying to middle school. After the presentation, we’ll respond to your questions. Each event will be virtual, so you can join from anywhere!
During each online event, we will discuss:
- How to access your MySchools account. MySchools is the Department of Education’s online school directory and application system.
- How to learn about your child’s middle school options.
- How to apply and how offers are made.
The content of each event is the same, but different interpretation services will be provided at different events, as follows:
- January 20, 5pm to 6pm | Event held in English. Interpretation provided in: Bangla, Korean, Spanish
- January 25, 5pm to 6pm | Event held in English. Interpretation provided in: Chinese (Mandarin), Haitian Creole, Urdu
- January 28, 1pm to 2pm | Event held in English. Interpretation provided in: Arabic, French
How to join:
- Each event will be hosted live. Join us on Zoom at the event’s start time here by clicking here: https://bit.ly/MSEvents2022
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Check your email or NYC DOE’s Middle School Enrollment page two business days before the event: we’ll send you a message that includes this same Zoom link and the password that you’ll need to join, as well as phone numbers to call for interpretation in provided languages.
Can’t attend, or want to learn more?
- Visit NYC DOE’s Middle School Enrollment page. A captioned recording with translations will be available on our website two weeks after the first event.
The Middle School Admissions Team, Office of Student Enrollment
We will be hosting a Virtual Workshop for all PS7 Families on the importance of Social Emotional Learning (SEL) and the DESSA Assessment.
- Date: Friday, January 21, 2022
- Time: 8:45am
- Translation Available
Meeting ID: 892 8428 2787
In January, we have invited the Child Abuse Prevention Program (CAPP) to the PS7 Academy to perform a child safety workshop to teach our children with the use of puppets. This workshop will be held virtually on Tuesday, January 18, 2022 for 5th graders, Wednesday, January 19, 2022 for our 3rd graders, and Thursday, January 20, 2022 for 4th graders.
The objective of this workshop is aimed to show students how to be proactive through the use of puppets. The program gives our students clear steps on how to stay safe and how to ask for help. This workshop allows the student to relate to the puppets and establishes a safe environment in which they are eager to ask questions.
We will also be hosting TWO parent workshops virtually to help provide families with strategies on how to best help your child be safe online as well as positive ways to discipline.
Specifics are as follows:
- Workshop 1: Alternatives to Corporal Punishment
- Friday, January 21st at 10:00 am
- Workshop 2: Online Exploitation Prevention (Online Safety Tips)
- Friday, January 28th at 10:00 am
The zoom link for BOTH workshops is as follows:
Meeting ID: 842 6988 4524
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the school at (718) 429-5287.
Ms. Brody, School Counselor
UPDATE: If you missed the workshop hosted by Ms. Brody, you can watch a recording of it below.
PS7 Academy Cordially Invites You to Our Middle School Admissions Workshop
Date: Friday, January 14th
Time: 8:30am via Zoom
Meeting ID: 823 8728 0038
Chinese and Spanish Translation will be available
If you are unable to attend, we will post a copy of the presentation as well as a recorded version of the meeting on our school website. Additionally, the presentation and other resources will be posted in the “MS Process” Google Classroom.
If you need assistance, Ms. Brody is available Monday-Friday from 7:00-7:45 am or by appointment. If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact Ms. Brody, School Counselor at (718) 429-5287 or via email at email@example.com.