For families that wish to learn more about computer science, please consider attending the free event below:
2019 Queens Codeathon
- What is it? This event is designed for students, families, and community members to come together and learn about Computer Science (CS), to see how fun it can be, and how to use it to help their neighborhoods!
- Why you should attend? This event will be a great way to see what CS is all about and let students and their families take part in fun and engaging CS challenges and activities! Elementary school students will explore the wonders of CS in our Expo Hall, while Middle and High school students will try their hands at using CS to solve an issue in their community!
- Who is it for? This event is designed for all families and ages! Children in Elementary or Middle school must register and attend with an adult. No previous CS knowledge is necessary!
- What to bring? Middle and high school participants can bring their own laptop if they’d like, but the only requirement is to bring yourself!
- What will you get? In addition to a rich learning experience, participants will be fed lunch! I should also mention that there could be other secret rewards!
- Come code, eat, and get your Computer Science on!
- This is a FREE event and open to NYC DOE students enrolled in a Queens school
- Doors open at 8:30 am.
- Please arrive on-time.