Please join us for an important parent meeting on Tuesday, July 27 at 6:00pm.
Topic: 24Q007 Parent Meeting
Time: Jul 27, 2021 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 813 7780 3589
One tap mobile+16465588656,,81377803589#,,,,*794689# US (New York)+13126266799,,81377803589#,,,,*794689# US (Chicago)
Dial by your location +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Use the links below to find your local library and learn about virtual events, book lists and fun activity suggestions designed to spark your imagination.
Below you will find a list of supplies that your child will need for school
Please label all supplies with your child’s first and last name, and class number/grade.
As we continue to plan for how in-person school will look for all our students, please keep in mind that further guidance/updates regarding supplies might be given at a later time.
Thank you so much for your understanding and patience.
If you missed our fourth grade orientation or would like to rewatch it, please click the zoom link below.
You are invited to Community School District 24’s Town Hall Meeting via Zoom.
Date: Tuesday, June 22
Time: 7:00-8:00 PM
Speaker: Madelene Chan, Community Superintendent
Open to ALL Pre-K – 5th Grade Parents
If you would like to attend the meeting, please pre-register through Google Forms.
*You must pre-register in order to receive the link for the meeting.
Thursday, June 17, 2021 at 6:00 – 7:30 pm
Listening and Responding to your Child’s Needs with Empathy
In this session, parents will explore ways to listen and respond to their children’s
needs with an empathetic ear and heart. They will practice the Habits of mind of
Communicating with Clarity and Precision and Listening with Understanding and
Empathy. Workshop presented by CEC24.
Meeting ID: 874 4058 0571
For Interpretation: Telephone: 1-347-966-4114
Spanish Passcode:652 201 351 # Mandarin Passcode:549 051 78#
Plan programal para talleres para padres
jueves, 17 de junio de 2021 06:00 a 19:30
Escuchar y responder a las necesidades de su hijo con empatía
En esta sesión, los padres explorarán maneras de escuchar y responder a las
necesidades de sus hijos con un oído y un corazón empáticos. Practicarán los
hábitos mentales de comunicarse con claridad y precisión y escuchar con
comprensión y empatía.
Id. de reunión: 874 4058 0571 Código de acceso: 349258
Para interpretación: Teléfono: 1-347-966-4114
Código de acceso español:652 201 351 # Código de acceso mandarín:549 051 78#
會議 ID： 874 4058 0571 密碼： 塞爾帕倫特 349258
解釋： 電話： 1-347-966-4114
西班牙文密碼：652 201 351 # 普通話密碼：549 051 78#
6/6/2021 1:06 PM
Dear P.S. 007 Louis F. Simeone at 80-55 CORNISH AVENUE Community:
The NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) and the NYC Test + Trace Corps (T2) have determined that a member of our school community has tested positive for COVID-19, and may have exposed others while at school.
Below you will find guidance on next steps that will help keep you, your child, and our school community healthy and safe. The information below reflects the expertise of DOHMH, T2, and the New York City Department of Education (DOE).
What Happens Now?
- All students and staff in the affected room(s) with the individual who tested positive are considered “close contacts,” and have been notified of the need to quarantine for 10 days from their last contact with the person who tested positive. These students and staff will transition to fully remote teaching and learning for this period.
- T2 and DOHMH will complete their investigation to identify and notify any other close contacts in the building, who will also need to quarantine for 10 days.
- Anyone with a positive COVID-19 test will not return to the school until they are no longer infectious.
- All areas visited by the person with COVID-19 will be deep cleaned, disinfected, and reopened.
- If your child is feeling sick, keep them at home.
How do we stay healthy?
Please remember to follow these important “Core Four” actions to prevent COVID-19 transmission:
- Stay home if sick (except to get essential medical care, including COVID-19 testing).
- Practice social distancing: Stay at least 6 feet away from people who are not members of your household.
- Wear a face covering to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Practice healthy hand hygiene: Wash your hands often or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer; avoid touching your face; and cover your cough or sneeze with your arm, not your hands.
How can I stay updated?
We will continue to closely follow directions from public health experts and proactively update you on any measures we are taking. To ensure we can reach you via text and email, please create a New York City Schools Account (NYCSA) as soon as possible by visiting schools.nyc.gov/nycsa.
To help New Yorkers quarantine, the NYC Test + Trace Corps partners with community-based organizations to connect individuals to resources like food, medicine, and health care. To connect with resources, you can call 1-212-COVID19 (212-268-4319).
For additional information on COVID-19, visit schools.nyc.gov/coronavirus or call 311.
English as a Second Language (ESL) classes available at Flushing High School
35-01 Union St, Flushing, NY 11354
July 6 – August 13, 2021
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 6pm – 9pm
Proof of U.S. residency is NOT required
Must be 21 and older and a resident of NYC (live in one of the five boroughs) to apply
PRE-REGISTRATION: Monday through Friday 9:00AM
QUEENS ADULT LEARNING CENTER
27-35 JACKSON AVE LONG ISLAND CITY NY 11101
Please call (718) 361-9480 or visit NYC DOE’s Adult Education Page for more information.