The Summer Rising Enrollment Portal is now OPEN. Space is limited, apply today!
Summer Rising is free and open to any NYC student currently in kindergarten through grade 8. Seats are limited, so we highly encourage families to apply early to secure a seat at their preferred location. Students who are required by their school to attend over the summer are guaranteed a spot. The program will begin July 5, and will run Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. during the months of July and August.
Students will be provided with free breakfast and lunch, with snacks available in the afternoon on request. Summer Rising will run for six weeks for all students, with a seventh week of enrichment for students in grades K–5. Learn more at DOE’s Summer Rising Webpage.
2022 Summer Rising – Enroll on April 25 in 3 Easy Steps!
Step 1: Visit nyc.gov/SummerRising
- Click the link to the Summer Rising enrollment portal.
- All New York City students currently in grades K-8 (2021-2022 school year) are eligible.
- At the top right, you will see the option to translate the application.
- If you need support accessing the internet, contact our Parent Coordinator, Ms. Melito.
Step 2: Enter your information
- Include your email address so we can send you a seat confirmation. If you do not have an email address, contact our school’s Parent Coordinator, Ms. Melito.
- If your child is a public school student, enter their 9-digit student ID number. You can find this number on your child’s report card or by contacting our school.
Step 3: Choose a Summer Rising site for your child
- You can choose any available school site for your child – only sites with remaining seats will display in the application. The application will also list the Community Based Organization (CBO) working with that site. Spots are limited, so we encourage you to enroll as soon as possible!
- You can apply once per student, and when you click “submit,” your registration is final. Please double-check your responses to ensure accuracy.
- If you have another child, click: “Add Another Student” to repeat the process.
After you enroll, you will receive an email confirming your child’s Summer Rising seat, with a link to a CBO form you will need to complete before the first day of programming. Your CBO program staff will reach out to support you in completing and collecting these forms.
If enrolling multiple students, please note that you must submit each application for separately.
Have questions? Need support? Please contact our Parent Coordinator (Ms. Melito) at 718-446-2726.
For more information, please visit NYC DOE’s Summer Rising webpage.