- Read and jot in your Non-Fiction Independent Reading Book for at least 20 minutes
- Reading Response (1pg.)
- Identify the structure of a section of your book. How do you know that’s the structure? What text evidence can you give to support your idea?
- Types of Non-Fiction Text Structures
- Chronological describes events over time
- Sequence is a list of steps
- Compare and Contrast
- Comparing is to say how things are similar
- Contrasting is explaining how things are different
- Cause and Effect
- When an event occurs (cause) that directly results in another event happening (effect)
- Problem and Solution
- A problem is described, as well as the solution to that problem
- Details are given about a topic, with no particular structure
- Finish all assignments in Things to Do on Think Central
- If you receive less than 80% on a Re-Test assignment, you must also complete the book homework for that lesson
- Times Tables: 2 and 4, eight times each
What is a Pattern?
A Pattern is a design/color that repeats.
What is a Texture?
A Texture is something that “Feels” a certain way; a surface feeling.
- Google “Photos of patterns and textures in nature”
- Print 6 patterns in nature (color, if possible)
- Draw 1 pattern in nature using color